Useful Tips for Getting Better at Maths
Many of us are under the impression that studying math is the hardest thing to do. However, it is not a difficult subject as many say it is. While most may feel that solving math is an innate skill or only smart people can do it, but the truth is anyone can get better at maths. Solving math is just a skill that can actually be developed and improved upon. While the main recipe is practising problems but factors like self-determination and willingness to dedicate time and learn is an important role too. So, if you have been facing problems in math and getting lower grades in class, you might have to change few things like your approach and once you do that you will need to apply some right strategies.
Here are some useful tips that can help you develop better math fluency, understand core concepts and get better at solving mathematical equations.
- Well, the first thing that you can do is stop being intimidated by maths. Maths can be simple in fact it is similar to learning how to read. So once you have that kind of mindset you can be confident and take on math problems step by step.
- So with a positive mindset to study maths, you can then try to understand the basic concepts first. And here you should have a clear idea about the concept. Avoid memorizing them. Learn about the “Why” part rather than the “How” part.
- Usually, in math, the main recipe for disaster is not understanding something properly and jumping to other problems. You should remember that you should stop and focus on mastering each topic before moving on to the next one.
- Creating a maths dictionary, notes or flashcards is a good idea. These will help you remember the important points and concepts easily.
- Applying maths to real-world problems is one of the smart ways to get better at maths. By engaging in a practical application like measuring distance, managing time, building things or even cooking can help teach you a lot in maths.
- When you are facing problems you should approach your teacher or someone good at maths. You can clear your doubts with their help and if some else asks for your help, try to explain them in the best way possible.
- And lastly, it all comes down to practising maths till you master it. Try to complete all the math assignments. Apart from that, these days you will be able to find a whole lot of resources online. For example, website and learning app developers like BYJU’s offers classwise math solutions like NCERT math solutions for class 8, including question and sample papers, math books and more which you can refer and use to get better at maths.
These are a few useful tips which you can give a shot at and if you follow these things, it will help you get better at maths.
Meanwhile, students can subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube channel to learn about the different concepts or solutions from class 8 NCERT science solutions and more. You can also have a glimpse of how BYJU’S app is changing the way students learn.